At Cranbourne East Secondary College, we share a common moral purpose: “Giving every student every opportunity to exceed their potential by providing a high-quality pathway to success.” We have high expectations for all students to learn and achieve personal growth and success. Engagement with the community and promotion of diversity are valued at CESC. Our staff provide excellent learning environments that are safe, engaging, and stimulating, and which promote individual wellbeing as an essential ingredient for achieving educational success.
Cranbourne East Secondary College provides a broad curriculum which caters to many pathway options. We recognise the need to prepare students for further education, for work and for the future in a world of technological and social change.
The College has very clear expectations for learning, attendance, behaviour, uniform, and technology use; we expect these to be adhered to always. These high expectations reinforce the importance of everyone contributing in a positive manner when at school and in the community.
Cranbourne East Secondary College is committed to the practices and values surrounding child safety. All procedures, measures, and practices have been developed in accordance with Ministerial Order No 870 -Child Safe Standards- Managing the risk of child abuse in schools.
Cranbourne East Secondary College is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. This is the primary focus of our care and decision-making. Cranbourne East Secondary College has zero-tolerance for child abuse.
Cranbourne East Secondary College pride is committed to providing a child-safe environment where children and young people feel safe, and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives. With particular attention being given to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, as well as the safety of children with a disability.
Every person involved in Cranbourne East Secondary College has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role he/she plays individually and collectively to ensure that the wellbeing and safety of all children and young people is at the forefront of all they do and every decision they make.
Cranbourne East Secondary College supports and promotes the principles and practice of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
- elected government; and
- the rule of law; and
- equal rights for all before the law; and
- freedom of religion; and
- freedom of speech and association; and
- the values of openness and tolerance.
Thank you for choosing Cranbourne East Secondary College. We look forward to working with you as together we empower your child to live a successful and extraordinary life.
The facilities at Cranbourne East Secondary College are state of the art and most impressive. The school consists of six main buildings and numerous, newly constructed relocatables:
- Administration wing which contains offices, sickbay, and the Learning Resource Centre or library.
- Design, Technology and Craft Centre where there are state of the art facilities for subjects such as Woodwork, Metal Work, Plastics, Visual Communication, Fabrics and Textiles and Science for all year levels.
- Performing Arts and Physical Education Centre which contains Music Classrooms and rehearsal rooms, a Drama area, a 350 seat Theatre, Food Technology kitchens, a Gymnasium and weights room.
- Years 7 to 8 Learning Centre where Years 7 to 8 students will undertake most of their core learning. The Learning Spaces are centered around a large open space and all areas are rich in Information and Communications Technologies, interactive whiteboards, and LCD Projectors.
- Years 9 to 10 Learning Centre where Years 9 to 10 students take the majority of their classes. This building is also very well equipped with LCD projectors, interactive whiteboards and other ICT.
- Years 11 to 12 Learning Centre surrounded by relocatable, each with an LCD projector.
The school enjoys the use of several outdoor facilities including a playground with exercise machines, basketball courts, a full size soccer pitch, a secure, undercover bike shed and a central agora (open meeting space).