C4S is an early intervention small group program to support selected students with social, emotional, and/or behavioural barriers that may affect their learning, their connections with peers and attendance at school.
The program is designed to support students to:
- improve connectedness to school and engagement in the classroom.
- build and maintain friendships
- strengthen self-esteem, confidence and resilience
- develop strategies to overcome personal challenges
- build emotional literacy
- build independence, problem solving strategies and effective communication skills through a range of learning experiences.
The program comprises of weekly C4S workshops facilitated by a Leading Teacher and Social Worker, in addition to ongoing mentoring. C4S staff liaise with year level leaders, classroom teachers, parents and the school’s wellbeing team to ensure these students stay connected and engaged at school.
While the program continues to evolve since it was first piloted in 2019, it has already proven to have had a substantial impact in supporting the many students that have been involved.